Today’s Spooky Twitter Talk tweets The Bloody Mary Show, a new online UK horror comedy coming out soon. We’re talking to producer Darren Chadwick-Hussein.
1. Who are you and what you are you about?
@SPOOKYISLES The show is pitched as ‘Hollyoaks with ghouls’ and we took care to pay respect to everything British about horror/spookiness but in a lighthearted way. How Carry on Screaming or Shaun of the Dead treated source material with respect.
2. Sum up your life in one tweet
@SPOOKYISLES ‘Don’t Dream It, Be It’ If I wanted to be less flippant, I’d say learn from your mistakes and never take no for an answer. There’s always another way.
3, Do you believe in ghosts (and have you ever seen one)?
@SPOOKYISLES I’ve seen a few in my time and where I live has a ‘presence’ in the hallway. Doesn’t scare me any more. You accept these things. I’m probably the only person I know who saw a ghost and first thought ‘rude cow’ when it didn’t respond!
4. Favourite spooky spot?
@SPOOKYISLES I grew up in the shadow of Pendle Hill which is famed for witchcraft … but I also spent many a fun childhood week hunting for the White Lady of Towneley Hall.
5. Tell us one interesting fact about yourself that we might not know.
@SPOOKYISLES I’m actually left handed but was forced to use my right hand at school. Is that interesting though? 🙂
6. Vampires, zombies or werewolves?
@SPOOKYISLES … if I had to choose to be one of the three, I’d be a vampire. There’s something sensual about vampirism, something chaotic about werewolves, zombies are just misunderstood. Poor zombies.
7. Favourite horror film?
@SPOOKYISLES Wow. That’s tough. I love chinese food but can’t pick a particular dish. Fave US horror would be Night of the Living Dead … Favourite UK horror would be… there are so many. For my shame, my favourite UK horror movie would be The Monster Club because I saw it as a child and blew me away.
8. What would you like to be doing in 10 years?
@SPOOKYISLES I’ll never have kids of my own so I hope in a decade I’ll be inspiring the next generation to take a walk on the spookier side.
9. Best horror/supernatural author?
@SPOOKYISLES As a kid I always enjoyed stealing my dad’s James Herbert books because there was always a smutty bit … But if I had kids I would read them Roald Dahl’s The Witches every night before bed.
10. Got anything interesting coming up?
@SPOOKYISLES Well, the show goes live later this month so I hope everyone watches it! It’s been a labour of love for two years.
More about The Bloody Mary Show with a story in Spooky Isles next week!
Here’s a cool interview with Bloody Mary herself to whet your appetite for the show!
You may also like to read:
- SPOOKY TWITTER TALK: Andy Stewart
- Spooky Twitter Talk: Cyberschizoid
- Spooky Twitter Talk: Gary William Murning
- Spooky Twitter Talk with Darren Demondaz
- SPOOKY TWITTER TALK: Robin Blay
- Spooky Twitter Talk with Dani Thompson
- SPOOKY TWITTER TALK: Jon Kaneko-James
- Spooky Twitter Talk: Rosie McClune
- Neil Spring, Spooky Twitter Talk
- Spooky Twitter Talk with Pollyanna Jones