Watch this exclusive Spooky Isles video of paranormal author EDDIE BRAZIL describing the churchyard ghosts of Penn, including Ruth Ellis’ ghost!
Penn is the ancestral home of William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania in the United States. The quintessential English village, Penn has a delightful church which is the last resting place for a number of notable people.
William Penn’s children were buried in the church itself, while outside is the grave of David Blakely, the murdered lover of infamous ‘last woman hanged in England’ Ruth Ellis.
Eddie, the co-author of Shadows in the Nave: The Guide to Haunted Churches in England, reveals some pretty spooky stuff that has happened in this small churchyard.
You may also like to read:
- Five Ghosts of Christchurch Greyfriars
- Quiet St Mary’s Church, full of ghostly activity
- 5 Haunted Places to Visit in Cumbria
- The Boy Martyr of the Woods
- Haunted Hampstead: A Ghostly Walking Tour in North London
- Camberwell’s machete-wielding, pram-pushing ghost
- Black Shuck and Black Dogs with Anthony MR Lewis AUDIO interview
- Ghostly encounter at St Mary’s, Old Hunstanton, Norfolk
- Was Langenhoe the most haunted church in England?
- 5 Haunted Places to Visit in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire