YEAR RELEASED: 1965
DIRECTOR: Roman Polanski
CAST: Catherine Deneuve, Ian Hendry and John Fraser
PLOT: Left alone when her sister goes on vacation, a young woman spirals into madness and horror.
FUN FACT: Features the first depiction of female orgasm (sound only) to be passed by the British Board of Film Censors.
140-CHARACTER MINI-REVIEW: Roman Polanski’s first English language film is a classic of the psychological drama genre.
You may also like to read:
- REVIEW: The Girl (2012)
- REVIEW: Island of Lost Souls (1933)
- The Ghoul (1933)
- Shadow of the Vampire (2000) MINI REVIEW
- Colin (2008) REVIEW
- The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958) REVIEW
- The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)
- Horrors of the Black Museum (1959) REVIEW
- Circus of Horrors (1960) REVIEW
- Damien: The Omen 2 (1978) REVIEW