Today is St Patrick’s Day where folk from across the world celebrate their Irishness or their desire to be Irish for at least one day of the year. Here are at the Spooky Isles we love Spooky Ireland all year round. Here are some of top Spooky Isles articles about Irish spookiness from over the years …
- Ireland’s Death Coach Paul Moynihan profiles the harbinger of Ireland’s haunted highways and byways
- Vampires discovered in 8th Century Ireland Ann O’Regan says the discovery of “deviant burials” in the west of Ireland reveals ancient beliefs in vampires
- Haunted Crumlin Road Gaol in Belfast Mark Young looks at the haunted happenings between the infamous walls of the Crumlin Road Gaol
- Púca – The Fearsome Shape-shifter of Ireland Ann O’Regan tells us of Ireland’s Púca – a fearsome shape-shifter that goes by many other names across the world
- Ghost hunting in Northern Ireland The Northern Ireland Paranormal Research Association’s Warren Coates discusses why ghost hunting Northern Irish-style is so much fun
- The 1895 “Witch-Burning” of Bridget Cleary Andrew Garvey reports on Ireland’s last witch-burning in 1895!
- Changelings, The Darker Side of Irish Fairy Lore Don’t let the fairies take your baby! Ann O’Regan gives us some tips on protecting our infants from being swapped for Changelings!
- Enniscorthy – Ireland’s Most Chilling Poltergeist Tale Paul Moynihan looks at Wexford’s answer to the Enfield Poltergeist, the horror of a haunting in historic Enniscorthy
- Podge & Rodge: A Scare at Bedtime Ann O’Regan says hello to Podge and Rodge O’Leprocy, stars of Ireland’s A Scare at Bedtime