Get ready to fall in love with this sweet and simple love potion spell using common garden ingredients found in British and Irish homes.
Love spells, like all forms of magic, vary greatly and can involve a wide range of ingredients. In British folklore, some common ingredients used in love spells include:
- Rose petals are considered to be a symbol of love and are often used in love spells to attract love and romance.
- Cinnamon is believed to increase passion and desire and is often used in love spells to strengthen the bond between two people.
- Vanilla is associated with sweetness and is often used in love spells to attract love and create a warm and inviting energy.
- Honey is considered to be a symbol of love and is often used in love spells to sweeten relationships and attract love.
- Lavender is believed to have calming and relaxing properties and is often used in love spells to create a peaceful and harmonious energy.
- Parchment paper and pen are used to write love spells, affirmations, or wishes and is believed to help focus energy and intent.
How to make a love potion
Here is an example of a love potion spell using the ingredients listed above:
- 3 rose petals
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 sprigs of lavender
- Parchment paper and pen
- Fill a small pot with water and heat it until it boils.
- Add the cinnamon stick to the boiling water and let it steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and add the rose petals, vanilla extract, and honey to the water. Stir the mixture until the honey dissolves.
- Crush the lavender sprigs and sprinkle them into the mixture.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- While the mixture is cooling, take the parchment paper and pen and write a simple love affirmation or wish, such as “I am open to love and ready for a fulfilling relationship.”
- Fold the parchment paper and place it under the pot.
- Once the mixture has cooled, strain it into a cup and sit down to enjoy it. As you drink the potion, focus on your love affirmation or wish and visualise it coming to fruition.
- Repeat the spell as often as desired, or until you feel that your love wish has been fulfilled.
Please note that this is just an example of a love spell and that results may vary.
It’s also important to note that love spells, like all forms of magic, can be controversial and may not be taken seriously by everyone.
Additionally, it’s important to respect the agency and free will of others and never use magic to control or manipulate someone else.
Tell us how you go in the comments section below!