Name: Ancient Ram Inn
Address: Potters Pond, Wooton-Under-Edge, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL12 7HF
Summary by MJ Steel Collins: Dating back to 1145, the Inn was initially built to accommodate workmen constructing St Mary’s Church opposite. The Inn has had 115 owners and quite a murky history. One female resident was accused of witchcraft and burned at the stake. Her ghost is one of many said to haunt the Inn. She can occasionally be seen peering from a bedroom window. Amongst the other entities roaming the building are a black cat that talks to people and an incubus/succubus. The building was bought by John Humphries in the 1960s, who still owns it. He discovered the graves of children who had been ritually sacrificed under the floorboards. The Inn is now a private house, but John is quite happy to show visitors around, though please note, he is well into his 80s! The Ram Inn has featured on Great British Ghosts, Ghost Adventures and Most Haunted to name a few.
To arrange a visit, contact number is 01453842598
You may also like to read:
- Ancient Ram Inn ghost and demons
- Most Haunted: The Ancient Ram Inn REVIEW
- Why do so many ghosts and spirits haunt the Ancient Ram Inn in Gloucestershire?
- 5 Haunted Places to Visit in Hertford
- Bexley’s haunted Hall Place just creaks with ghosts!
- Do ghosts at a Liverpool morgue-turned-nursery haunt the minds of little children?
- I was a child obsessed with ghosts!
- Is Bristol’s Farrington Inn, the UK’s most haunted pub?
- 5 Haunted Places to Visit in Dudley
- The Curse of Clophill Church